Hidden scars, chapter 20

 Hidden scars




Episode 20

📅 Few months later 📅
Whitney pov
"Hey.....poncho..... get back here" I yelled chasing the piglet who squealed in return.
It's been 4 months since I came to Texas and I should say this are the best months of my life.
On getting to Texas 4 months ago I lost my phone and I couldn't contact Jack for a while, the money my credit card was huge, so I thought why don't I open up a business here I Texas.
So I consulted a land agent and bought a massive space of land. The land was really big and I divided it into two, one half was to be a farm for plant and livestock, while the other half was my personal paradise or forest.
The land had a hill, a hidden waterfall with a cave behind it that leads to another part of the forest where I built a tree house. I've spent many nights there and it's been great.
The farm structure includes: a horse stable, grazing ground for the cow, pigs and goat, a chicken coup and many more.
There's a vegetable garden with fruit orchards and flower fields.
I used this farm I opened to help the needy, like if anyone needs a job all he had to do was to just come to the farm and apply for a post.
There are many jobs to be done in the farm, there's milking the cows and goats, gathering eggs, grooming the horses, planting, harvesting, delivering, cheese making and so on.
There's a big building built where the worker live, they're usually people who lived on the streets so they live in the farm.
I'm really happy I was able to do something meaningful in my life, this vacation really did me good.
I kept chasing the piglet following it every turn but I soon got tired and tripped falling to the ground.
I huffed sitting up, I'll catch him later....... I really miss my family and friends.
I miss dad praisings, Jace teasing, Jack's prankiing I miss all of them.
I sighed heavily, I'm not done here so I can't go back now, school is not a problem because I attend online classes.
The piglet ran back to me and began chewing on my already torn pants grunting on intervals. I have a set of torn trousers I wear whenever I'm with the pigs. They tend to chew on clothes sometimes.
I remembered the day I wore a very beautiful set of pants I made to take care of the pigs..... !!gosh!! I regret that day.
The pigs chewed on it like it had a delicious flavour in it. So since then i wear only torn pants👖.
Poncho (the piglet) was so engrossed in chewing my pants so I used that opportunity to grab him.
"Gotcha you little rascal" I giggled raising him up. He squealed frantically. I petted his head before standing up and taking him back to the pig pen.
"There you go.....you little escape artist" I said releasing into the pen and he ran to meet his mother and began sucking from her boobs.
I smiled lightly before walking away from there.... I got to the cow grazing field and took a ready female cow out if the herd.... I'm gonna milk her.
After milking the cows some of the milk are processed or turned into cheese before being delivered to the local food market.
While milking the cow I remembered I was yet to get a new phone, I have been so busy for months that I forgot to get a new one. I'll do that later but for now I'll use an olden days method.
Authoress pov
Bact at New Orleans :
(Whitney family lives in new Orleans I failed to mention that at the beginning of the story)
Ever since Whitney left, the Hayes family had gone apart a little.
For Jace,Erick and Stacey they avoid their mom on different circumstances, even their dad too avoids his wife, they were really mad that Whitney wasn't with them.
Mrs. Sherry has been living in guilt since Whitney left and have tried asking forgiveness from her family, she regrets being the home breaker of her family and Is trying to make amends, first by gaining their forgiveness.
🏫🏫Currently at Whitney's school 🏫🏫
Stacey and Kate were in class and a teacher was in so was the same for Jace, Erick and Jack.
Suddenly an owl landed on the window panel of Stacey and Kate class surprising the teacher and the other students.
The owl stared intentively into class till it sighted Stacey and Kate, it lingered for a little while before flying away from the window.
It flew to the top floor of the school where the boys (Jace,Erick and Jack) class were, it landed on the window panel.
It looked into the class till it saw the boys, Jack spotted it first first before the others did, it stared at them fir a while before flying away.
🍔🍟 At lunch time🍔🍟
The friends were eating at their usual table munching slowly on their food.
Stacey sighed heavily "I miss Whitney, if she was here she would have done something funny by now"
"Yeah me too" Erick and Kate chorused. .... they blushed when they realized they said the same thing.
"School has really been boring without her" Jace said
The owl from earlier flew into the cafeteria and landed on the floor. Students brought out their phone to take pictures.
The owl the owl looked around the cafeteria then focused its gaze on Stacey and the others table.
"Is it just me, or does that owl look familiar " Kate asked.
"Yeah it looks just like the one that landed on our class window panel" Jace replied
The owl shriek then flew towards their table then landed on Stacey shoulders making her gasp in awe.
The owl🦉 was really cute, it got off Stacey shoulders then grabbed the crackers Jack was holding and began eating from it.
The guys stared at the cute little creature, they noticed something like a bag on the owl back.
When the owl was done eating the crackers it turned it back to Jack and Jack got a clear view of the bag.
It had 'OPEN ME' inscribed on it
Jack took it off the owl back and opened it revealing a letter and picture from Whitney.
Jack gasped "it's from Whitney" he said
"What" Stacey exclaimed
"Its a letter from Whitney " Jack said
They rushed to his back to see the letter while The owl sat on the table with its legs crossed
The letter reads:
📩Hey guys, its Whitney, I'm sure you've must have gotten this letter by now.
I'm sorry I haven't been able to contact you yet, I lost my phone and I haven't got a new one.
How are you guys? Im sure you guys are alright. I've missed you all so much, I wish I could come see you myself but I can't.
I've enjoyed my stay so far in Texas, and I have got good news for you. Please don't miss me too much, you don't have to worry about me I'm alright.
Please take care of yourselves and tell dad I miss him and I send greetings.
For now I don't have a phone so Lalika, that's the name of the owl, she would be delivering my letters to you, but she won't if you don't give her snack.
Love you guys 😘😘
From Whitney 😘😘📩
"At least she's alright and safe, i thought she was in some kind of trouble" Stacey sighed
"This owl Lalika really did a fine job locating us" Jace said staring at the owl
"It must have travelled for day to get to this place, no wonder it was staring at is in class" Erick second
Kate gasped noticing the position the owl sat, it sat with it legs crossed.
"OMG, that is so cute I must take a picture" Kate shrieked bringing out her phone.
"Wow that amazing" Jack said
"I'm gonna go get it some crackers for a job well done" Stacey said petting the owl before walking to the food counter to get crackers 🍘
She returned and fed it to the owl. They were all relieved that Whitney was safe and alive.
Texas
Whitney pov
It was evening and I was taking a swim close to the waterfall with birds chirping around. Apart from the farm animals i rescued a few wild animals from abuser.
I rescued a baby elephant with some monkey when I attended a circus here in Texas. They were performers at the circus but they were being maltreated, so I bought them and now they live with me.
I think by now the owl I sent should have reached new Orleans by now, I hope it delivers the letter. Lalika is a really smart bird so I'm sure she would get the letter to them.
I was still swimming when I saw something that looked like human legs, female to be precise.
"Huh" I squinted my eyes and swam toward it. Getting towards it I couldn't help but scream in fright.
It was girl, she looked about my age, her skin were pale and her lips purple probably from cold.
Was she washed towards this place m, because the waterfall leads to a beach.
Her lips were shivering and her chest moved up and down showing she was still alive.
💭Should I help her or just pretend like I didn't see her💭l thought
I cant leave her here , she's still alive I need to help her. I placed her gently on my back then swam out of the water.
I took her to the farm house where a doctor attended to her.
Some hours I went to check on her and she was still asleep. The doctor did a full body checkup on her, and from his findings she was raped and is pregnant.
I feel sorry for her, I wonder who she is, was she thrown into the beach? I didn't have answers to those questions.
I stared at her for a while before covering her properly with the duvet and switching the room heater on.
She might wake up tomorrow according to the doctor. I dimmed the lights in the room before walking out and shutting the door behind me.
I entered into my own room and slumped on my bed feeling exhausted, I kicked off my shoes and laid properly on the bed before falling asleep.
Tbc
Authoress goody

Comments